Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Overpass Assault


(click image to enlarge)

Another dopey speedpainting done over the course of the last week or so. No story behind this one - it was just done for fun and as a warmup before painting some covers.

Now I'm going to tempt fate and again attempt to show you an animated version that condenses the 2 hours or so of painting time into about 15 seconds. It didn't work out too well the last time I tried this, so let's see what happens today.


(click image to enlarge)

8 comments:

Alan said...

That animation works and was amazing to watch. Again the realism is impressive. I've watched it loop a few times mesmerically trying to pin-point where the magic happens.

Fabio D'Auria said...

Wow great painting Steve!

Unknown said...

That was just awesome!

Kev Levell said...

2 hours!! that's gobsmacking! Great design on the robot too. Honestly, breathtaking work.

Jay Boaz said...

The animation looks really good. I can't believe how quickly you can make such a fantastic image.

Steve Epting said...

Alan - I'm still waiting for the magic to happen :) Actually, this one didn't come together for me at all until I changed the background buildings. Until that point I was ready to abandon it.

Fabio, Raphael, Kevin, and Jay - Thanks for the comments. I should confess that the 2 hours painting time is only an estimate. I rarely sit and paint these things straight through. I do a bit here an there to warm up in the morning, or either relax in the evening. I'm guessing 2 hours, but it could easily have taken longer than that.

Lee Townsend said...

This is a great painting Steve! love everything about it, the animation works very well to!

Anonymous said...

Steve, Your speed paints are absolutely amazing. I spent about 5 minutes understanding the detail and process you did for this one.

Thanks for the peek into the action.