Friday, October 19, 2007

Sterankomage


(click image to enlarge)


Now that I've cleverly titled this post with a made up word (thus insuring that it will never turn up in a search), I'll get to point and post some art. Several people have already posted the Steranko homage that ran in Cap #31 on various blogs and message boards, so in addition to those pages, I'm posting the black and white line art above. Ed Brubaker has made no secret of his love for Steranko's all too brief run on Captain America (which I share, by the way) and included this scene as an homage to Cap #111 (1968). I'm really pleased with the way it turned out, even down to Frank D'Armata riffing off of the color palette that was used in the original.

(click images to enlarge)



3 comments:

Rich said...

Oh, man. Managed to buy the issue yesterday, but haven't read it yet. I'm gonna have to give it a go as soon as I get home from work.

Mike Haseloff said...

Do you know if there are any plans to include any kind of bonus material regarding this in the trade, or a future mass-collection?

It seems to have been a reasonably popular discussion point between the initiated and new-comers, alike.

Anonymous said...

I noticed the Steranko inspiration immediately when reading the issue...made me feel an uber-fanboy of sorts! Haha! You're in great company my friend.