Thursday, May 05, 2011

Thor Covers Part 1

Since there seems to be quite a bit of buzz around Thor right now (I think there's a movie coming out this week or something), I thought I'd present the seven Thor covers I've done in the original black and white. Back in 2004 I was asked to provide the covers for the six issue arc that would end Thor's (then) current series. The arc featured a Ragnarök (the final destiny of the gods) themed story by Michael Oeming and Andrea DiVito and I jumped at the chance to do the cover art for each issue.

The first two issues, numbers 80 and 81, both featured guest stars. Issue #80 showcased Iron Man alongside the Thunder God and issue #81 boasted Marvel's big three from the Avengers - Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man.

Two more covers tomorrow!


Anonymous said...

Amazing as always Steve! Now when your FF run ends I'll be hoping you will be on Thor!!


Steve Epting said...

Thanks Gary - I'd love to work on Thor eventually.